A Wood’s Lamp is a hand-held light that emits “black light”
- Black light is painless and not radiation
- This special wavelength of light is used by an Esthetician to show aspects of the skin that are not visible to the naked eye
- It gives us an even clearer view of what is happening in the skin,
- Such as sun damage, bacterial or fungal infections and lack of hydration
- The Wood’s Lamp test is not used to identify skin cancer, but can identify sun damage, which is a risk factor for skin cancer
What do the different colors from Woods Lamp mean?
Each color means something different
- White = thick corneal layer (excess dryness)
- White Spots = dead cells, abnormal skin maturation
- Blue/White = normal healthy skin
- Purple = thin skin, lacking moisture
- Light Violet = dehydrated skin
- Brown = sun damage
- Pink/orange = oiliness
- Bright fluorescent = hydrated skin
- Yellow/orange = blackheads
- Bright Yellow/Green = certain fungal infections
- Bright “Coral Red” = certain bacterial infections
~This service can be part of your Facial~
Please ask if you would like to have this done the next time you are in to see us!
Don’t Forget We Are Moving September 30th!!
When?? September 30th, 2016
Where?? 1404 South 5th Street, 19147 in South Philly at Reed Street
Parking?? During the day parking is fine-after 5pm and Saturday allow 15 minutes to find parking so that you get your full treatment time
Don’t forget you can now book On Line!
~Read Yelp reviews here~
We hope to see you soon,
Mary, Tammi, Susan, Bonnie,Genya, Alicea and Matt
Affordable Skin Care Salon
2005 Frankford Ave Philadelphia, Pa 19125